Do you want to unsend the TikTok message?
We accidentally send someone a text message that is inappropriate for them for some reason.
It can cause a serious issue if a person sees your message when they aren’t supposed to.
There is a rumor that you can unsend messages on Tiktok from both ends so that the receiver won’t see them.
But the rumor is false, which means you can’t unsend TikTok messages on the receiver side.
However, it doesn’t mean that you can’t remove your sent messages from Tiktok from your account.
So, today we will talk about how to delete Tiktok messages individually and at once, can you unsend Tiktok messages, enable Tiktok DM notifications or mute them, and many more.
- You can delete your Tiktok messages from the DM easily.
- Your Tiktok message can disappear when you unsend it or a person blocks you.
- There is a feature to pin a TikTok message on top of someone to whom you talk every day.
- When you block someone on Tiktok, then they can’t send you a message, view your posts, or locate your profile or account.
- You can easily report a TikTok message if you don’t like it or if someone sends you an inappropriate DM.
- Tiktok allows you to forward a text message from someone to your friends.
- You can also replay your own TikTok message in the chat.
Can I delete messages on TikTok?
Yes, you can easily delete your Tiktok message within a few minutes.
When you create a Tiktok account, it allows you to share a post and follow someone.
If you are following someone on Tiktok, then they will be considered your friends.
But in the case of the followers, Tiktok doesn’t consider them your friends until you follow them back.
So, you can send a DM to your Tiktok followers easily and start a conversation.
They can also send you a new message once they accept your message request or follow you.
However, you can message someone on Tiktok randomly until you follow them or they accept your follow request.
How to Delete Messages on TikTok
When you are friends with someone on Tiktok, you can start a conversation with them.
All you need to do is follow their Tiktok account if it’s public, or get your request accepted if it’s a private account.
But if you want to send someone a message on Tiktok or your own chat message with someone, here are the things you need to do.
How to Delete Tiktok Messages on iPhone and Android
TikTok is available in the mobile version, which you can download on your Android or iPhone easily from the ‘Google Play Store’ or ‘App Store’.
Now, follow the following steps to erase DMs on the Tiktok of someone in the chat:
- Launch the Tiktok app on your Android and iPhone devices.
- Tap on the “Inbox” icon, which you can find at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Now, locate the chat message of your friend in the inbox and open it.
- After opening the chat message, select the text message that you want to terminate.
- Now, long-tap on the message to access its settings area.
- At last, you need to tap on the “Delete” icon, which is located at the bottom right side.
This is the process to remove someone’s individual text message on Tiktok.
How do I delete Tiktok messages on my PC?
TikTok is also available in a desktop version, which you can access from your browser.
Simply open the browser and then visit the official website of Tiktok, and then log in to your current active account.
Now, follow the following steps to delete Tiktok messages on your PC, desktop, laptop, and Mac.
- Open your browser on your laptop.
- Now, open the main website of Tiktok, which you can access from the URL “tiktok.com“.
- On the home page of Tiktok, you will need to enter your login information, such as “username” and “password,” to access your account.
- When you access your account, you need to click on the “Paper Icon,” which you can find on the top-right header side.
- This will open the TikTok chat or DMs, where you need to select the “Chat” message of your friend.
- Now, search for the text message and then click on the “three dots” next to the text.
- Thereafter, select the “Delete” option.
How to Unsend TikTok Messages?
As I said earlier, you can’t unsend the already-sent messages on Tiktok of any type.
So, the answer to ‘can you unsend a TikTok message?” is a complete no.
There is no such feature currently available on Tiktok that allows you to delete messages on both sides.
When you send a chat message to someone and it is delivered, you can reverse the process.
In other words, once the message is delivered to the receiver, you can delete it from their side.
If it allows you to unsend Tiktok messages, then there will be no privacy and no meaning to the private chat message.
Besides, Facebook Messenger and Viber have the feature to unsend messages, but it is not yet available for Tiktok.
But it can be made available in the future, so until then, you have to think twice before sending a message to someone.
If you use any inappropriate words or irritating things in the chat, then you can’t undo it with a magic stick.
How to Delete DMs on TikTok for Both Sides
When you shoot your shot in a message, then you have to think twice about what the consequences will be.
This is because you can’t delete DMs on Tiktok for both sides at any cost.
There is no “Unsend” feature available on Tiktok to let you undo or terminate an already sent conversation.
The person can still see your text message on his or her end and do whatever they want with it.
Besides, Tiktok has quite strict rules and limitations on chat messages.
For example, you can’t chat with an underage person whose age is 16 or below because of their ‘DM Policy,” which is regulated in April 2020.
This is to protect children from bullying, misleading words, violations, and other similar activities.
If Tiktok allows you to send messages to anyone without limiting the user’s age, then more crime scenes will occur rather than making people happy with the platform.
But if you think the “unsend message” or “recall message” feature is quite important to you, you can switch to other messaging platforms such as Telegram, Facebook Messenger, Viber, Privates, Wickr, Session, and Wire.
You can convince your friends to use those apps that have a feature to recall your sent messages.
In this, you can send private messages about your business or other secret valuable data as information.
How to Delete TikTok Messages Fast
There is a fast way to remove someone’s DMs on Tiktok in under 1 minute.
If you have a message full of conversation in your Tiktok inbox, then you can simply terminate it in a single shot.
In this way, you don’t have to select the individual text message and then delete it manually.
Note: This will remove the chat from your Tiktok direct message and clear the overall chat history of that person.
Delete Tiktok messages permanently on iPhone and Android
Here are the steps that you need to follow if you want to delete your DM permanently from your mobile phone.
- Access your Tiktok account on your device.
- Go to your Tiktok “Inbox” from the bottom right side of the screen.
- Now, search for and locate the chat message.
- Thereafter, long-tap on the chat and select the “Delete” option.
- At last, confirm the changes by tapping on the “Delete” button.
Delete Tiktok Message Permanently on PC
Here are the steps you need to follow if you want to permanently delete your DM account from your desktop.
- Open the Tiktok official website in your browser.
- Now, access your Tiktok account with valid login details.
- Next, go to your Tiktok direct message area from the top right side.
- Thereafter, select the chat of your friend to remove it from your overall chat history completely.
- Now, click on the “Three Dots” icon next to your selected chat.
- At last, click on the “Delete” button to terminate it.
When You Delete a Message on TikTok, Does It Unsend It?
No, if a Tiktok user deletes their chats from the ‘Direct Message’ area, it won’t do anything to the receiver side.
The recipient of your chat message can still view all your sent conversations and make changes to them.
This means that even if you delete the message from your side, it will still be visible in the other person’s DM.
If you have the slightest inappropriate moment in the chat by accident, then it will be troublesome for you.
Therefore, think twice before sending a message to someone on Tiktok DM.
How to Mute TikTok Direct Message Notifications
If someone on Tiktok is annoying you by sending you an everyday text message, you can mute his/her message notification.
Most of the time, we don’t want to block or remove someone on Tiktok for some reason, but their habit of sending messages can be frustrating.
Therefore, follow the following steps to mute someone’s message on Tiktok permanently on Android and iPhone:
- Run the Tiktok application on your device.
- Now, access your Tiktok “DMs,” which you can find at the bottom right side.
- There, select the conversation that you want to mute.
- Now, open your selected chat message.
- Thereafter, tap on “Three Dots,” which is located at the top right corner.
- Now, toggle on the “mute notification” button.
Why can’t I send messages on TikTok?
Tiktom instantly allows you to send and receive a text message in your DM easily and without any issue.
But if you can’t do it for some reason, then follow the following methods to solve it:
- You are sending the DM to an underage person who is 16 or below.
- Check the Tiktok server status.
- Activate the VPN on your mobile phone or PC.
- Clear the Tiktok cache data.
- Check your connected internet network.
- Restart your mobile phone as well as the Tiktok application.
- Check whether you are blocked by that person or not.
- TikTok might have restricted your DM feature for violating their community guidelines.
- You don’t have an account on Tiktok.
- A person might have deleted their Tiktok account.
- Reinstall your Tiktok app.
- Contact the Tiktok Helpdesk Center.
I Accidentally Shared a TikTok Video.
If you accidentally share a Tiktok video in your profile, then you can easily delete it later on.
When You Delete a Message on TikTok, Can the Other Person Still See It?
Yes, when you delete a message on Tiktok, the receiver can still view and share it.
Why did my TikTok messages disappear?
If your Tiktok message disappears, then either a person has blocked you or you are connected to a poor internet connection.
Can You Tell If Someone Reads Your Messages on TikTok?
Yes, if someone reads your Tiktok messages then you will see a “Tick mark” icon next to your send message.
The answer to ‘can you unsend a TikTok message?” is still no. And you also can’t remove the conversation on Tiktok from both sides and vice versa. If you really want to use the secure tunnel for the chat message, then Tiktok is not the right place to do it. You can choose other various messaging platforms out there, such as Messenger, Viber, or Telegram, to use the “unsend” feature.